Skip to main content

New Comp Same Gig

 Tjena! 

This past week I dropped off Syster Kearns in Stockholm, and then picked up Syster Welton! 
She was serving in Umeå (way up in the northern part of Sweden) for almost 8 months, so her Swedish is a little different than mine. It has been pretty funny to compare and contrast our pronunciation of certain words. 

We were able to get moving pretty quickly in Lund when we arrived here from Stockholm, and so that was really nice. She's an experienced missionary, so the transition went pretty smoothly. 

On Friday though, one of our family history lessons canceled, and so we decided to do a little bit of family history for ourselves! (It's considered service in our mission.)
One thing I found out is that one of my ancestors who converted to this church in the 1800s actually had a carpenter shop HERE IN LUND before he emigrated to Utah. Pretty awesome. I have a newfound appreciation for not just Skåne, but this specific little town. Happy day.  

We also had a lesson with a family we're working with, and read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon with them. It was sweet. I love the Book of Mormon, and I love getting to share the light that comes from it. 

We have a lot to do here, and a lot to look forward to. 

Random updates:
- Our landlord fixed the shower so it no longer floods every time we use it! 
- Our friend *John really liked the pamphlet we gave him about the Plan of Salvation.
- We travel to Eslöv quite often, and it was once voted as the "tråkigaste stad" (most boring city) in all of Sweden. What a treat! 
- An old creepy man approached me on the street and had some interesting things to tell me. 
- We went to a språk café and met a bunch of people. Nice. 

Love you all!
Syster Naatjes 

 Willy's. My love.

Train up to Stockholm.

Saying bye to Syster Kearns. LOVE THAT GIRL.

Syster Welton and I in the city.

Classic Jesu Kristi Kyrka pic.
Pday bowling! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A fever and a new comp

Tjena! What a week. It was Kaos.  We: - ran around so that Syster Yoachum could say goodbye to everyone before leaving  - had hot chocolate and walnuts with our friend *Matt  - had transfers  - got sick **bonus points, I had a fever and felt AWFUL on transfer day so I stayed home at the apartment to sleep and break my fever before my new companion came to the area. #apostate **extra bonus points, my voice sounds like a grandma who has smoked for like 60 years - did a bunch of street contacting  - put our friend *Anna on date for baptism at the end of September!!! She's come to church 4 times now and she has such a pure soul. Love her.  My new companion is Syster Jaques, (pronounced like Jakes), and she's great! I think we'll have a fun transfer.  Yay! Have a good week everyone, and please enjoy the feeling of not being sick !  Syster Naatjes    Syster Jaques and I in the city hot chocolate and walnuts  the trio (eyes closed) Fika wi...

IT'S HOT

  Hej there everyone! This past week, as you might have guessed based on the subject line, was SO HOT. Holy goodness, me.  I learned two things from that trial: 1. I don't like the heat. 2. Black bike seats get SCORCHING when they sit out in the sun. Hot enough that you have to bike standing up to spare yourself the pain. Otherwise your caboose will be SUFFERING. I know it's a shocker, but I have yet to hear from Salt Lake about my travel plans to Sweden. (It's actually not a shocker. This is an official petition for them to get it together.)  Anywho, last week was honestly a struggle. It was hot, I was tired, and I kid you not when I say that every nonmember lesson we had ended up cancelling on us. Or not answering the door. Or not responding. Additionally, one of the people we had on date for baptism backed out, and doesn't want to meet with us anymore.  BUT, the existence of trials does not mean that there are no miracles.  To name a few: - I didn't pass out ...

Splits and Street Miracles

  Hej alla! I don't have much time, but I thought to write a couple miracles we saw this week. - We gave out not one, but TWO Book of Mormons on the street #swag - Invited a lady we met on the street to come to church this Sunday, AND SHE DID! And she loved it! She said that she'll come back next week and bring her son with her!  - We had a member in on one of our lessons, and they bonded SO WELL with our friend. It was awesome. I guess they both really like papagoyas? Very random lol - A random guy called us and said he wants to come to church ? Nice.  - I had been really craving American pizza, and had TWO opportunities to eat it in the past couple days. #SCORE  Some other random things: - One of our friends is from Egypt, and told us that "All Egyptians love Home Alone." As in, the American Christmas movie. Which made me laugh really hard.  - One of our members asked to do a fika after church and told us to invite all of our friends. Then we showed up with ou...